Goldenrod City Underground

This is a forum about Pokemon, the games manly but the animated series and card game is also talked about

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

... I haven't thought of a decent title yet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheGoldenLotad
Goldenrod Administrator
Goldenrod Administrator

PostSubject: ... I haven't thought of a decent title yet   Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:04 pm

CHAPTER I: Chassagne chassée

"OK Martha," said Dr Juliette Chassagne through the intercom."Send them through." She heard her assistant put down the phone and then wiped her hands on her lab coat. She didn't often get visitors at this time of day and she shut the blind so the low red light light of the afternoon sun could not blind her visitors.

The oak door opened and she turned, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear, to greet the two men that had walked in. Martha had called them Dr. Elsa Jupiter and Professor Frieda Hornbeam from the Galaxy Institute of Pokemon Genentic Research. She was apprehensive about her two visitors - she knew almost everyone on every continent that was involved in studying pokemon genetics but when two people she didn't know from an organisation she hadn't heard of walked into her office, alarm bells rang in her head.

And rightly so. Jupiter, the tall woman with long, pink hair, had walked silently to the corner and was looking at Juliette's array of chemicals that lined the shelves on the lab wall. She picked one jar up and dropped it on the floor. A white powder billowed up from the shards of glass on the floor and bathed Jupiter's legs.

"You can come quietly," she said softly before picking up a second jar, "Or this can get, uh, messy."

Jupiter moved towards her, as did the Professor, whose thickset features seemed almost cheesily intimidating, bathed in the eerie, red, sunset light. Juliette grabbed the phone and tried to call for security but the silence that rang out down the receiver told her the lines were cut. There wasn't much else left she could do now except...

Surreptitiously feeling the underside of the desk she sat behind, her hand reached around something hard and cold yet strangely familiar. Resting her finger on the trigger, she raised the gun and fired it.

TheGoldenLotad
Goldenrod Administrator
Goldenrod Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ... I haven't thought of a decent title yet   Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Chapter 2: Dinner

The clock on the oven flashed 18:40 in time with the alarm. The smell of the food wafted upstairs with the sound and Michael ran down the stairs as his father pulled the chicken out carefully.

"Hmm, smells good." Michael breathed the smell in deeply. "Shouldn't Mum be home by now? I know she's been working late recently but..." His voice trailed off.

"She would've called if she was going to work late," said David Chassagne calmly. "She's probably just stuck in traffic. Don't worry about it." He began carving the meat from the chicken before straining the vegetables that were boiling in pans on the gas hob. After spooning carrots, peas and potatoes onto three plates, he put the chicken on the plates and carried them through to the dining room where Michael had gone and sat down.

In his usual chair, he picked up his knife and fork and began reluctantly eating the food. He couldn't help but think the worst: the extreme groups that protested against pokemon abuse and thought that the genetic research his mother was involved in was harming them - a different research lab had been burned down a few weeks ago. He didn't want anything like that to happen to his mother.

"She'd have called, Michael," said his father across the table. "Stop worrying."

"I'm not!" he protested.

"You're a terrible liar!" His father laughed. "It's written all over your face. Just eat up and relax. Nothing bad could happen. You've seen all the security those labs have, what could possibly happen to her?"

... I haven't thought of a decent title yet
Page 1 of 1